At Cinevidya, we are committed to share our knowledge and experience with you in complete sincerity. Here, we are happy to answer any queries you may have that could guide you towards a successful career in Digital Content and Media Industry.
Q. What’s your advise for someone to pursue Acting/ Modelling as a Career? Pranjal S., Faizabad, U.P.
A. Hi there. From our conversations I understand that you would like to know more about a career in Acting/ Modelling.
Acting, Modelling etc. are generically classified as “Performing Arts” which means you will need to concentrate and develop your performing Skills.
In the entire field of Films / Advertising, the Performing Skills remain the toughest to be considered as a career.
Hence, to my mind, you can not rely on Acting / Modelling to be your ONLY career choice.
Now, if you would like to try your hands on Acting, then I would recommend:
- Take your family in complete confidence of your aspirations and plans. Remember, your family are the only people who will support you come what may. Your sincerity, aptitude and perseverance are the qualities that can help in convincing.
- Start Small. In nature, everything starts small. Try hosting family gatherings. Anchoring Family events. Making small presentations or skits for close friends or a small group of audiences. Most of the actors, even the most successful ones, start by performing in front of a Mirror.
- Make a small team of like-minded colleagues; friends. Then you could scale up to hold School level gatherings or functions. Act in school plays etc.
- As a performer; you perform “for the audiences”. Hence it is compulsory that you develop skills and understanding to “connect with YOUR audiences”.
- When you practice more and more, you will start to understand “your audiences” and be able to improve your performance from them.
- Become part of a Theatre Group in Faizabad. If there are no theatre groups of your liking, then you can start your own Theatre Group in Faizabad. There will be lots of reference material available on YouTube to learn from in this space. Try out different styles, recreate some inspiring work that is easy to replicate.
- Over and above your studies and other academic requirements, devote some time of your daily routine towards this passion regularly.
- Practice this for at least 2 years and then we could see which direction may offer you further growth.